Pre-application meetings are not required but highly encouraged for new buildings and additions and significant renovations.
Applicants who book pre-application meetings find that meetings shorten development permit review times.
During a pre-application meeting you will meet with a team of City staff from different departments (including but not limited to transportation, drainage, fire rescue) who will review and provide feedback on your proposed project.
Feedback from City Staff Includes:
- Flagging issues to address, such as variances to the Zoning Bylaw
- Sharing information that needs to be considered, such as required separation from existing accesses
- Identifying additional required reports or information
- Sharing relevant City program information
- Comments provided through the pre-application meeting do not reflect a commitment or decision by City administration to either approve or refuse your proposal. Applying for a development permit is the only way to be provided with a decision by City administration.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to share the results (meeting record) of the pre-application meeting with their development permit application.
To request a pre-application meeting use the pre-application meeting form.
- First-come, first-serve, based on completed requests (site plan and fee payment)
- Scheduled on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month (see schedule). Due to demand, meetings generally occur 4-6 weeks after payment has been processed.
- Meetings are 50 minutes long.
- A meeting record will be shared one week after the meeting occurs.
- 2023 Fee: $460 + GST, effective January 1, 2023.