About the Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative
The Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative is a multi-year comprehensive overhaul of Edmonton’s current Zoning Bylaw that includes rethinking how, what and why the City regulates in terms of zoning and land development.
Renewing the Zoning Bylaw is a long-overdue process in reimagining Edmonton’s regulatory framework to deliver excellent services to our community and realize the vision of ConnectEdmonton and The City Plan.
The proactive decisions made in Edmonton’s Zoning Bylaw will enhance Edmonton’s competitive advantage, lay the groundwork for generations to come and help create a more equitable, open and caring city for all.
Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative Goals
- Develop a user-friendly Zoning Bylaw that is aligned with City policies and directions
- Streamline and simplify Zoning Bylaw regulations and associated services and processes
- Rezone properties city-wide to align with the zones in the new Zoning Bylaw
- Ensure a smooth transition to a new Zoning Bylaw and new online tools (technology) for all stakeholders
- Implement a thorough and robust engagement and communication plan
Read more about the Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative Projects and Timeline
Public Engagement Opportunities
The Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative is now seeking public feedback to refine the draft Zoning Bylaw and “Know Your Zone” Rezoning Map. From now until December, Edmontonians will have opportunities to engage via Engaged Edmonton, online workshops, open houses and pop-ups.
To learn more and get involved, visit Engaged Edmonton.