About Edmonton fire rescue services
Part of the City of Edmonton, EFRS is 1 of only 9 internationally accredited fire departments in Canada as of March 2020.
Our world-class services include:
- Emergency response communications
- Fire suppression
- Technical rescues
- Responses to life-threatening medical situations
- Hazardous materials response
- Watercraft response on the river
- Fire prevention programs and public education initiatives
- Emergency management and planning
Fire personnel are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to emergencies. Several areas provide support including training, equipment, technology, mapping, data and analytics, and accreditation.
With one of the best training programs in the country, we ensure our personnel are equipped with the skills they need to succeed throughout their careers.
Want to be part of an innovative, caring, committed, community-minded team? Join our team and help make Edmonton one of Canada's most livable and safe cities!